Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Christian Carnival and Then Some

This week's Christian Carnival is at A True Believers Blog, and includes my post on The Dark Knight and plenty of other things. In particular, this post which quotes an humorous Rabbinic discussion about animals too big for Noah's ark, and also links to a series of posts (here, here, here and here) on why the flood cannot have been global, and why it shouldn't matter.

In other news, Mark Shea links to an excellent post at Old World Swine on Harry Potter, magic tents, free will and materialism—you'll have to read it.

2 comments:

Weekend Fisher said...

Thank you for the link.

I loved the Rabbinic commentary on the animals too big for the Ark. I had this mental image of some sort of gargantuan creature in tow, thrashing wildly, after having set its chin in the boat and couldn't fit ...

Take care & God bless
WF

Ken Brown said...

It's a great story! I was picturing something like a Brontosaurus (or, Apatosaurus, I guess), only so large that even its head wouldn't fit in the door...

I'm actually amazed at how much humor there is in the Rabbinic material. When I took Aramaic Readings my prof dug up an old compilation of Tamudic tractates that were all like that: How a certain Rabbi met the Amazons, or outsmarted Caesar, or found the tree of Life--all told with the tongue firmly in cheek.

Anyway, thanks for giving me a laugh, and God bless!